The NZAVS Cruelty Free Guide promotes beauty, skincare, body care and household products that are genuinely cruelty-free and available to purchase in Aotearoa, New Zealand.
Cruelty-free companies selling products in NZ can apply to be added via the adjacent form. Find out more about our Cruelty Free Guide, including our criteria here.
Multiple different cruelty-free lists exist; the point of difference with ours is that all companies featured on our Cruelty Free Guide are not affiliated with animal testing in any way.
We also go a step further than most other cruelty-free lists by:
- Providing information on palm-oil
- Providing a list of vegan-friendly products available from companies that aren't 100% vegan, where possible
- Reach a prime target audience: You will be promoted to people who are against animal testing and therefore highly likely to be interested in purchasing from genuinely cruelty-free companies.
- Possibly feature in our Cruelty Free NZ magazine: This, of course, is at the discretion of our magazine Editor!
- Use the NZAVS Cruelty Free Guide emblem. While you are featured in our Cruelty Free Guide, you can use our emblem freely on your website, social media channels, in emails to followers and even on your product packaging.*
- Be in the running to win one of our Cruelty Free Awards: Each year, NZAVS supporters and the wider public will get to vote on their favourite companies featured in our guide. The top three companies will receive a trophy and additional promotion.
- Have access to other promotional images to use on social media.
It is estimated that globally around 500,000 animals suffer and die just for cosmetics each year. We want to empower Kiwis to use their purchasing powers to change this and demand a shift away from animal testing by shopping cruelty-free. This is why it is 100% free for companies to be listed on this popular resource!