Thousands of animals including mice, rats, rabbits dogs, cats, cows and many other species are used across the country in cruel animal experiments.
Each year approximately 300,000 animals are used for research, testing and teaching (RTT) in New Zealand. Our goal is to eliminate all animal experimentation in NZ.
We see a world where we advance science without suffering, for animals and people.
We are creating a world where:
- No animals are subject to cruel and painful experiments.
- People no longer believe that animals are appropriate models for human medical research and product safety testing.
- Viable and humane scientific methods are always used.
- No more time or money is wasted on fruitless research and all resources currently claimed as improving human health are put into human-relevant research so that advancements are being made regularly.
- Human and animal health thrives.
- Science is upheld to its fullest integrity.
In our perfect world, NZAVS wouldn’t exist as we would no longer be needed. Our job would be done, and we could retire in peace knowing that one of the biggest injustices in the world has been put to rest.
The future of research, testing and teaching for people and animals: