Thousands of animals including mice, rats, rabbits dogs, cats, cows and many other species are used across the country in cruel animal experiments.
Each year approximately 300,000 animals are used for research, testing and teaching (RTT) in New Zealand. Our goal is to eliminate all animal experimentation in NZ.
We see a world where we advance science without suffering, for animals and people.
We are creating a world where:
- No animals are subject to cruel and painful experiments.
- People no longer believe that animals are appropriate models for human medical research and product safety testing.
- Viable and humane scientific methods are always used.
- No more time or money is wasted on fruitless research.
- Human and animal health thrive.
- Science is upheld to its fullest integrity.
The future of research, testing and teaching for people and animals: